Gosh! It has been a while since my last recipe blog post but I have a great dish for the summer! This Pasta with Turkey Sausage & Brussels Sprouts is made with mostly ORGANIC ingredients (it would have been entirely organic, but I didn’t have any organic olive oil…ooops!)
- 1bag of Organic Pasta
- 1pkg of Organic Turkey Sausage – I used Applegate Natural & Organic Meats that you can find at your local grocery store
- 2/3lb. Organic Brussel Sprouts
- 3 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Wash the brussel sprouts
- Cut the dark flat ends off
- In a mixing bowl, add the minced garlic and olive oil
- Toss the brussel sprouts a few times to evenly coat
- Cover a baking pan with foil
- Spread the brussel sprouts around the baking pan
- Bake for 30-40 minutes checking at 20 minutes and shake the sprouts around in order to brown
- Next, boil water in order to cook the pasta (according to package)
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, chop the turkey sausage in halves
- If you don’t eat meat, you can substitute with tofu – just brown the tofu with your favorite sweet marinade like light teriyaki sauce
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook the turkey sausage according to the package instructions. I like my turkey sausage a little more on the brown side so I cook it a little longer! 😉
- Don’t forget to put the pasta into the boiling water and set your timer
- Once the brussel sprouts are cooked, add to the turkey sausage pan and stir
- Drain the pasta and you can add a pat of organic butter or 1tsp. olive oil
- Top off the pasta with the turkey sausage/brussel sprouts
If you make this, I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts, suggestions or if you added your own special ingredient(s). Leave a comment or email me! Meeshie@NoExcuseMom.com
And…if YOU have a recipe that you’d like to share and be featured on our NEM website, contact me.
~ Meeshie 🙂
NEM Leader San Diego County & NEM Recipe Blogger
No Excuse Moms!
First, let me start by wishing you ALL a HAPPY and HEALTHY NEW YEAR in 2016! There are going to be a lot of new updates and changes this year for NEM and I’m so excited!
It’s been a while since I’ve put up a recipe – but that’s all going to change with 2016! 🙂
I would like to introduce to you one of the most awesome Moms that I’ve “virtually” met through NEM. She is so positive and my inspiration….please meet JESS DOVA, NEM REGION VIII Leader, NEM Pueblo, CO Leader & NEM Pueblo West Leader! She is also the mother of 3 kiddies! As you can see…she’s one busy mama and that’s why NEM loves her!
Before I share her Quick & Easy Egg Muffins recipe, let’s get to know Jess just a little better…
Meeshie: How many kids do you have?
JESS: I have three amazing kiddos! A girl 9, boy 5, boy 2.
Meeshie: How did you get involved in NEM?
JESS: Over a year ago I was looking for an outlet for my beautiful daughter and I. She was going through a difficult time, and struggled with self confidence stemming from being bullied. I wanted to shower her a strong leader, and continue to be a role model and empower her throughout the process. I sent in my application in hopes that she would feed off of the positive energy of other likeminded women and children! Today she loves attending the meetups and playing/working out with her new friends. She rocks the NEM hat and proudly calls herself our local NEM assistant manager.
Meeshie: What are your fave foods to indulge in???
JESS: I’m a lover of all things peanut butter!
Meeshie: What is your favorite workout?
JESS: All things glutes! I try to incorporate them into every workout! Make sure to hit weighted lunges, squats, step ups, hip thrusters and kickbacks. Go Heavy!
Meeshie: How do you find time for the gym?
JESS: Workouts can take place anywhere! I workout in my garage, at a local high school bleachers, at my NEM group or various outdoor activities that my little ones can attend as well. We make everything a game to keep them interested whether its a race, soccer or even who can squat jump the highest. We also love our yoga right before bedtime!
Meeshie: What is your go to meal for the kids?
JESS: If it’s not my famous cottage cheese eggs in the mornings, it’s anything and everything spaghetti squash. My kids actually beg for the leftovers in their lunchbox! I just throw mine in the crockpot! You can use it in and dish to replace pasta, which means unlimited options, even for picky eaters!
Meeshie: Anything else you would like to share with our NEMs?
JESS: No matter where your fitness journey starts, you can be your child’s first role model. Show them drive, determination and clean eating – they are always watching. Keep going mommas!
Now let’s get to that recipe! 🙂
JESS: Such a great and versatile recipe! Make it your own and keep them in the refrigerator for a ready to go breakfast for the whole family! Next time I may even bake them in liners for my school aged children for mornings! 😉
What You’ll Need
About 12 eggs (choose your egg white to whole egg ratio. I use 2 egg whites to 1 whole egg ?
can garbanzo beans
1 cup chopped spinach
1 med red bell pepper
Mrs Dash to taste, any flavor!
How to Cook It
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine and scramble ingredients in bowl then use a ladle to proportion in pan
Make sure pan is generously sprayed beforehand
Bake for 20 minutes!
Simple and delicious! Next time you can add cottage cheese, which is what JESS love about this, pick and choose your favorite breakfast go-to’s! Enjoy!
FOLLOW JESS on IG @coloradofitmom
Well NEMs, hoped you enjoyed getting to know one of our NEM Leaders and the first recipe blog of 2016! Be ready for more to come!!!
~ Meeshie 😉 , NEM Leader San Diego County & NEM Blogger