All exercises are completed as a circuit, complete 10-20 repetitions of each exercise, going directly to the next. Complete the circuit 2-5 times.
Level 1 (low impact):
- Warm up: walk laps around the park (5-10 minutes total)
- Bench pushups: hands on the back of a bench, feet on the ground
- Bench crunch: Seated sideways on a bench, feet on the ground, lower back and “crunch” up
- Reverse Lunge
- Tricep dips from back of bench
- Warm up: Jog in place or around the park (5-10 minutes total)
- Raised pushups: hands on the seat of a bench, feet on the ground
- Plie Squat
- Bench ab pull-ins: sit sideways on a bench gripping the edge of the slide with your legs straight out in front of you, pull your legs in and repeat.
- Side lunges (both sides)
- Inch worm: From standing, bend over and place hands on the ground. Walk your hands forward to a plank position, walk hands backward towards your feet and return to standing.
- Tricep dips from seat of bench
- Warm up: jumping jacks (5-10 minutes total)
- Narrow bench pushups: hands next to each other on the bench, feet on the ground
- Step ups onto a bench
- Bench ab pull-in and lift: Seated on the bench, pull your knees in, raise your hips off of the bench and lower.
- Around the world lunge (each leg): right side lunge, followed by a front lunge, left side lunge and reverse lunge.
- Plank up/downs: Starting in a plank position with straight elbow, lower down to elbows one arm at a time and repeat.
- Reverse plank tricep dips: Lower yourself to the ground and push your belly up with your hands. Bend the elbows while keeping your hips straight.
The “I Don’t Have a Park” equipment-free bodyweight Workout #1
- Warm up: Jumping jacks
- Burpees – from standing, squat down and place hands on the floor, kick back feet behind you to a plank position, jump your feet back forward and stand up.
- Wall Sit – sit against a wall, knees bent to 90 degrees and hold as long as you can.
- Superman – Lie on your stomach with your arms and legs stretched out. Raise your arms and legs off the ground a few inches, hold a few seconds, and then lower
- Plie Squat
- Spiderman Pushups: From a plank position, place one hand 6 inches forward and the other 6 inches back, do a pushup. Switch hands and do another pushup. If necessary, do these from your knees.