Lauren McBride lost an incredible 105lbs!
Check out this mom who made No Excuses for being healthy for her family. She is 5-foor-8 and has lost 105lbs! (currently weighing 135lbs!)
1. How many kids do you have? Ages? How heavy were they at birth and how much weight did you gain during pregnancy? I have 2 boys, 2.5 years and almost 1 year. I gained 50lbs during my first pregnancy and my son was 7lbs5oz. After he was born I couldn’t turn the “pregnancy appetite” off. I wanted dessert with every meal and over indulged all too often. When my first was 8 months old I suffered a heartbreaking miscarriage and ate my sadness away. When he was 10 months old I found out I was pregnant with his little brother. I was 75lbs heavier than my pre baby weight and very nervous about gaining more weight. I gained 30lbs with baby number 2, who was 7lbs13oz at birth.
2. C-Section or Natural? How long did it take you to recover? When did you start training? My first son was born via emergency cesarean. Recovery wasn’t terrible, but the birth itself was traumatic. I didn’t do much of anything but walk a few times a week after he was born and that didn’t last long. My second son was born via VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and it was amazing. Recovery was QUICK and I felt like super woman. I started food logging 2 weeks postpartum, mild exercise 3 weeks postpartum, and heavy exercise 5 weeks postpartum (with doctor approval). 3. Did you nurse? How long? I did exclusively nurse both boys. The first for 14 months and I’m nursing my almost 1 year old.
4. What does your daily routine look like? Insane. Haha, no really though! I’m a hairstylist, fitness instructor, mom, wife and so much more. I’m usually up between 4-6am depending on the day. Somedays I workout in the morning, somedays at night, somedays both. No day ever looks the same, but everyday always includes the following: hugs & kisses, story time, exercise, fueling my family’s bodies with healthy and nutritious foods, and a whole lot of hustle. I try to be in bed by 10, but that doesn’t always happen.
5. What is your weekly workout? I attend a 50min bootcamp style circuit training class 4-5 times a week. Each class lasts about 50min and implements body weight exercises, cardio, and resistance/weight training. I have also recently discovered a love for running and just completed my first half marathon. I typically run 4 times a week also.
6. What is your weekly diet? I’m a creature of habit so my diet, especially in the beginning of my weight loss journey, was pretty regimented to the same meals. It start most everyday with oats of some sort, usually have a piece of fruit or nuts mid morning, chicken with quinoa and broccoli for lunch, a veggie or cottage cheese mid afternoon, and then dinner is usually different. We try to keep it to mostly veggies and protein with a complex carb and healthy fat on the side. I’ve gotten a lot more creative with my meals as time has gone on, but I find that food prep and consistency is key.
7. What is your philosophy on training? Train hard. If you want the body of an athlete, train like one. My time is precious, so I’m gonna give everything I’ve got in me during training and then move on with my day. Also, listen to your body. If you need a break, take one. Water? Get some. Rest, take it!
8. What question are you asked the most? What is your answer? How did you get or stay motivated? My answer is just do it. Make a commitment to yourself and hold true to it. Make a game plan, and get it done. Schedule your workouts like it’s a job, plan/prep your meals so you have no excuse, get the junk out if your house, believe in yourself and JUST DO IT. No one can do it for you, there’s not magic wand, and it’s not one size fits all. Find something that works for you and do it every single day. It’s not easy. It’s actually pretty darn hard, but it’s 110% worth it.
9. What is most challenging being a fit mother? How do you overcome it? Time, I wish I could add 4 hours to everyday, but I can’t so I make do with what I’ve got. I schedule my workouts like they are appointments with my boss, I can’t miss them. I prep my food on Sundays and Wednesdays so I have no excuse and the drive thru around the corner isn’t necessary. I kiss and hug my kids and husband as much as I can so they never feel like anything but my top priority. 10. What is your occupation? I am a hairstylist, fitness instructor, boo boo kisser, laundry folder, and floor scrubber
11. What is your advice for moms first starting out? Log your food. People (including myself!) think they know how many calories they are consuming and the reality is they have no clue. Get up and move your body. Dance, swim, run, lift, rock climb, just find something that you enjoy and it becomes much easier to do. Give yourself a hug. You are worth so much more than any number on a scale and when you learn to love yourself as you are, bettering yourself becomes effortless.
12. What is your favorite clean recipe? Hulk Pancakes: Blend 3/4 cup oats, 1/2 egg whites, 2 cups spinach, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 scoop protein powder of your choice, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1tsp cinnamon, 1 packet truvia. Pour onto greased skillet and cook like normal pancakes! Mine made 9 decent sized pancakes. 36 calories, 5g carbs, 3g protein. I like to top them with PB2 mixed with water and honey on top.
13. What is your “secret weapon” for those who want to be in shape? How long did it take you to lose weight? My secret weapon (and sometimes weakness) is my stubbornness. When I’ve made my mind up that’s it, the decision has been made. In this case, I decided that my family was going to get healthy and I was gonna look and feel good at my son’s first birthday party. Less than 1 year (10 months to be exact) after making that decision I look and FEEL better than I ever have!
14. Personal Thank You’s. I couldn’t have done any of this without the love and support of my husband. He has loved me through thick and thin (literally) and has always made me feel beautiful. My family and friends have given me so much support and have believed in me when I doubted (doubt!) myself. They have watched my kids so I can have the time I need to make my dream into a reality. I am truly blessed by the support system I have.
15. Any additional information. You can follow my journey on Instagram at @mumsiemcmuscles
Please support our movement and be inspired 12 months out of the year! Purchase our No Excuse Fit Mom Swimsuit Calendar today! Get your calendar here: No Excuse Calendar