Hello fellow NEMs!
I’m bringing to you an easy and HEALTHY CHILI recipe that my best friend Kim found online at www.allrecipes.com (click here for original recipe)! We make this all the time and it’s great to make a big pot of it to take to work or for the kids to have for any meal!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Time to Prep & Cook:
(*** If you are using lean ground turkey, cook this first)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt
- Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers
- When vegetables are heated through, mix in the vegetarian burger crumbles (or your cooked lean ground turkey).
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving