Here is a tasty TOFU dish that’s quick and easy to make & is great for those who are vegetarians! You’ll need to prep steps 1-5 to let the tofu marinate for about 20-30 minutes. 🙂
- (1) lb. of extra firm Tofu
- Rice of your choice (1) cup or more depending on the # of eaters
- You can sub Quinoa
- 4-5 Green Onions
- (2) Tbsp. Sesame Oil (or Olive Oil)
- (1/4) cup Hoisin sauce
- (2) Tbsp. Soy sauce
- (2-3) cloves of minced garlic (You can also just buy the minced garlic in a jar)
1. In a bowl, add the 3 ingredients for the sauce. Stir to combine
2. Press the tofu between towels to remove excess moisture.
3. Cut into about 1 inch cubes. Now, if your “helper” (in my case, my boyfriend Andrew , who is also a #noexcuseDAD of THREE TEENAGERS 🙂 ) wants to help you line up the tofu cubes…. just let him. LOL!!!
4. Add to the sauce and gently toss until thoroughly coated.
5. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
6. Cook rice or Quinoa according to directions
7. Slice green onions.
8. In a skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat.
9. Add the marinated tofu and spread out in a single layer.
10. Cook without stirring for 5 minutes or until browned on one side.
11. Flip them, and cook for another few minutes.
12. Add the green onions for the last minute or two of cooking. You can add more Hoisin if your tofu looks too dry. (I didn’t have to add any when making this dish.)
13. Serve over a hot bed of rice (or quinoa), add a few sprinkles of sesame seeds!
If you like this recipe or have a recipe that you’d like to share & be featured on the NEM website, leave a comment below OR email me at: Meeshie@noexcusemom.com.
(Recipe Credit: http://www.thegardengrazer.com)